This sudden weather change is really playing a number on my skin and lips. For the past couple days I have been walking around with the red lipstick effect that is very much unintentional. Even with continuous lip balm application, I still look like a little kid who cannot stop licking her lips. Awful. The aesthetic is not my only concern.To top of the embarrassing looks, my lips hurt and itch!
I am taking matters into my own hands. Try these tips if you are suffering like I am.
1. Naturally, stop licking your lips. You may think this provides moisture, it only does the opposite.
2. Do not apply lipstick. The dyes in lipstick further irritate your lips.
3. Drink water. Hydrate your body.
4. Use a balm that is petroleum-based. Vaseline and Aquaphor are good ones.
5. Apply balm at night. This allows your lips to heal while you are sleeping.
6. Exfoliate. Use a wet toothbrush gently to remove dead skin. GENTLY.
These will only help, the rest is a long waiting process until your body adjusts to the seasonal changes.